Less Talk, More action
So start thinking about what you are constantly telling them to do and start doing those things yourself and see if that changes anything.
Here is 25 rules to teach them but to ensure you are doing first.
1. Always treat everyone with respect.
2. If you made a mess clean it up.
3. If you make a promise, don’t break it.
4. Goals are just dreams if you don’t make them a reality.
5. Always kiss your mother goodbye.
6. Always respect our veterans.
7. Don’t be afraid to try something new.
8. You don’t need to be attached to your phone 24/7.
9. The most amazing times will typically be spontaneous decisions.
10. Accept responsibility.
11. Be the person your dog thinks you are.
12. Don’t ever bully or let someone bully.
13. Black/white, gay/straight it doesn’t matter we are equal.
14. Eat healthy 80% of the time.
15. Do some form of exercise daily.
16. Take the stairs not the lift.
17. Spend as much time with your grandparents.
18. Make peace with your siblings.
19. Before sending that angry sms. Save it to notes and sleep on it.
20. Adventure is always a good idea.
21. Jealousy is not.
22. Play your sport with passion. You don’t need to win. But you need to give it your all.
23. Never stop learning.
24. If you borrow something give it back the same or better condition.
25. Have fun, laugh lots and never give up.